Applicants who can demonstrate a specific purpose or event may be eligible for a short term temporary work visa.
This often includes
- business people in New Zealand for short-term secondment;
- transferees of multi-national companies;
- Referees or judges of sports events, shows, displays or exhibition;
- Sports players and professional sports coaches taking up a paid position in a New Zealand sports club;
- Entertainment industry sector workers (entertainers, performing artists, film and video production crew, and associated support personnel), who intend to engage in any form of private or public performance in New Zealand or work on any film or video production in New Zealand;
The above is not an exhaustive list.